Nov. 15 Public Meeting for U.S. 50 Expansion to Four-Lane Expressway in Finney & Gray Counties
Date - Nov. 15, 2022
Time - 5:30pm to 7:00pm
Location - Pierceville Federated Church (203 E. Ave. A)
Public Comment Period - Nov. 16, 2022 to Dec. 02, 2022
KDOT held two public meetings for the U.S. 50 Expansion to Four-Lane Expressway projects in Finney and Gray counties. There are four U.S. 50 Expansion projects from Aerodrome Rd in Finney County to the west city limits of Cimarron in Gray County. They have been bundled into two groups for design and construction—a western and eastern group.
All four projects were presented at both public meetings. The western group extends from Aerodrome Rd (Garden City Airport) in Finney County east to 7 Rd in Gray County. The eastern group extends from 7 Rd in Gray County east to Cimarron.
Once complete, these projects will provide a much needed four-lane connection between Garden City and Dodge City, while increasing capacity, relieving congestion and enhancing safety by limiting direct highway access points.
The first meeting was on Tuesday, Nov. 15, from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at the Pierceville Federated Church (203 E. Ave. A). The public was welcome to stop by between 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. to view proposed improvements and speak one-on-one with project staff. A brief presentation began at 5:45 p.m.
For those unable to attend on Nov. 15, another meeting was on Wednesday, Nov. 16 at the Gray County 4-H building in Cimarron. Meeting materials were made available on the project website and information shared online is the same information presented at the public meeting. The public is invited to submit comments online Nov. 16 to Dec. 2.
- U.S. 50 Expansion Fact Sheet
- U.S. 50 Expansion Public Meeting Presentation
- U.S. 50 Expansion Overview Map
Detailed Project Maps
- #1 Part 1 = West end of Project #1, western group, Finney County from Aerodrome Road to west of Pierceville (KA-6023)
- #1 Part 2 = East end of Project #1, western group, Finney County from west of Pierceville to Finney/Gray County line near 1 Road (KA-6023)
- #2 = Project #2, western group, Gray County from Finney/Gray County line near 1 Road to 7 Road (KA-6024)
- #3 = Project #3, eastern group, Gray County from 7 Road to 12 Road/L Road (KA-6025)
- #4 Part 1 = West end of Project #4, eastern group, Gray County from 12 Road/L Road to east of Ingalls (KA-6026)
- #4 Part 2 = East end of Project #4, eastern group, Gray County from east of Ingalls to Cimarron (KA-6026)
An example R-CUT intersection video:
Who to Contact
Southwest District Engineer
Southwest District Public Affairs Manager